Search for content in message boards

LOOKUP...Please

Replies: 2

Re: LOOKUP...Please

Posted: 13 Apr 2013 6:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: FOX/Chancellor
I am very appreciative of your thoughtfulness in sending this information. If my memory serves me correctly, I am the one who did the research for many of the records you have sent. I do not know who posted the information to the Navarro Co web-site. Did they not credit their source?

You are correct that the FOX family left Navarro Co and moved to Arkansaw. And, Thomas did marry his 3rd wife there. I found a copy of their wedding license in NARA records. The bride's name was Jerusha Harkness Little. This was a significant find as the Pike Co AR records had been destroyed when the courthouse burned.

I included a copy of this license in the binder/book I developed and sent to all relatives several years ago. I also contacted the LITTLE family regarding the license and information included on it.

During the years I was researching the Fox family, I was sent a copy of an unidentified family grouping as possibly that of Thomas and Jerusha on their wedding day. The grouping included Jerusha's sister and her family. The picture was sent to me by a descendent of Thomas. Credit was given to her for sending the picture. It took many hours, but I finally located a descendent who, then, made contacts to determine just who the children were. It appears in the material I mentioned above.

Cora Bell Fox, daughter of Thomas and Jerusha, married John Horn.

I am trying to locate records of the possible death in Texas of Harrison Alexander Fox (Alexander Harrison Fox) and his youngest sibling, Gabriella Fox. I have not located death records for them in Arkansas. My original request was for a lookup in the cemetery book for Navarro Co TX.

Again, thank you for your time and efforts in preparing the material you have sent. Have a WONDERFUL da!

Fran Chancellor
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
gfrc_1 11 Apr 2013 8:12PM GMT 
PaSain 13 Apr 2013 1:41AM GMT 
gfrc_1 13 Apr 2013 12:07PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions