Search for content in message boards

Robert Livingston, Deweyville, late 1800s to mid 1900s family?

Replies: 5

Robert Livingston, Deweyville, late 1800s to mid 1900s family?

Posted: 23 Mar 2013 8:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Livingston, Peacock, King
Seeking information about the life of ROBERT SIDNEY LIVINGSTON, b. 1863 in Cass Co., TX, son of Ben and Flora King Livingston. My great-grandmother, Ada Livingston Peacock, was Bob's sister. Most of the Livingstons lived near Runge, Karnes, Texas. My mother grew up knowing her cousins and going to family reunions, and not once did "Uncle Bob" come to a reunion with a spouse or a child. Everyone always assumed he never married and never had children, but looking through census records I'm finding him listed as "widowed" and the father of two children, Edna and Jeunot. I can't find any information about Uncle Bob's marriages (supposedly 2, and widowed twice), or birth records of the children. I was able to follow Jeunot through the census, from single in Texas to divorced in New Mexico, to living outside of Redding, CA, to death in Butte, CA. Uncle Bob's death certificate also states that he was widowed. Does anyone know anything about him and his family? I'm wondering how & why he kept them hidden from his family in Runge and from my grandfather, his nephew, who visited him and worked with him a bit before WWI.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ancientplante... 24 Mar 2013 2:06AM GMT 
HL2604 24 Mar 2013 10:33PM GMT 
ancientplante... 2 Aug 2013 5:30PM GMT 
HL2604 2 Aug 2013 6:36PM GMT 
ancientplante... 3 Aug 2013 1:18AM GMT 
HL2604 3 Aug 2013 6:26AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions