Search for content in message boards

LYNCH

Replies: 5
Posted: 18 Jun 2012 1:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tissaw/Rawlins/Burkett/Forehand/Lloyd
The last name was originally spelled Tiszo. That's the way Louis spelled it for his citizenship application. I don't have that yet, but I have the citizenship confirmation paper dated 1896 with his name spelled this way. Finding anything out about him is difficult. We don't even know for sure when or where he came into the US. I've heard he came straight to the US, but also that he came in through Canada. There's even a rumour that he changed his name because he killed a man in self defense & was afraid of being prosecuted, so he came out west & changed his name. I've also heard he was running from his family, but I've been told there was contact with his sisters still in his old country, until the war. Not much info on him, when I was little & anyone would ask one of his kids any genealogy-type questions, one of the standard answers was "it's 'family business'"-don't know if they knew & didn't want to say, or if they simply didn't know anything. As for the name of his parents, I'm not sure where that information came from or who it came from - I'd like to know myself. My Grandfather was James Boger Tissaw & his older brother Andy's son at one time many years ago paid someone in either Czechoslovakia or Austria to try to find informaion on Louis & they were unable to.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
James Lynch 24 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT 
jena 26 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT 
TBENG 1 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT 
Linda Hubbard 26 May 2008 5:24AM GMT 
jeaninarizona 3 Feb 2010 9:03PM GMT 
RedDirtSurfer 18 Jun 2012 7:05PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions