Search for content in message boards

John Mendez Valles

Replies: 1

John Mendez Valles

Posted: 11 Sep 2012 3:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
My father, John Mendez Valles was born in Taft, Texas in 1939. He was adopted. His adoptive parents were Angelita Mendez Valles and Juan Valles. They lived in Corpus Christi, Texas.

I am looking for his biological parents. His adoptive aunt told my mother, Anita Valles, that his biological mother was a waitress and his biological father was a boxer. My adoptive grandmother could not have children because she was caught in the middle of a fight between her husband and his brother. She was stabbed in the stomach and lost the baby she was carrying. She subsequently lost her ability to have more children. My aunt knew of a woman who had a baby who was very sick and neglected. She kept him in a box under the bed at night while she went to work. He was two years old and could not walk and had severe ear infections. She spoke to my grandmother and the woman and they worked out an arrangement. The woman agreed to give the child to my grandmother if she could come and visit him any time she wanted. My grandmother agreed and I'm told that they went to the county clerks office and filed a birth certificate on my father. My grandparents took care of my father and he became very healthy. After a while, as my father grew older, he began asking questions. My grandmother decided that the woman could no longer come and visit any more.

Years later, when my father was in his thirties, my grandmother died. He found out at this time that he was adopted. He was crushed and devastated. The woman, his bio mother, phoned him to tell him that she was his mother and she wanted to see him. He told her no, that his mother was dead. But, he has since changed his mind. He now wants to find his family.

I am his daughter, Angela, and I would like to help him get reconnected. If there are aunts, uncles, cousins, etc..that could help me in my search, I would appreciate it.
Thank you,
Angela
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
anvalles01 11 Sep 2012 9:55PM GMT 
maryo2703 10 Mar 2013 4:18AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions