Search for content in message boards

PEVETO / PEVITO / PEVOTO Confederate Soldiers in and around Orange, Texas

Replies: 15

PEVETO / PEVITO / PEVOTO Confederate Soldiers in and around Orange, Texas

Allen C. Connel (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jun 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: PEVETO, PEVITO, PEVOTO
PEVETO (PEVOTO), ALFRED, Enlisted in the service of the Confederate States of America, on the 01st Day of March, 1862, and served “Honorably” as “Private”, in Company “I”, 13th “Burnett’s Regiment”, “Texas Cavalry”, “Flowernaughts”, C.S.A., later “Dismounted”, Captain Fairchild’s Company, Orange County, Texas. He was transferred on the 01st Day of February, 1865 to Company “F”, “Ragsdale’s Battalion”, C.S.A. He was “Honorably” discharged from said Confederate service in Beaumont, Texas on the 25th Day of May, 1865. Alfred, John, Robert and Samuel were brothers. Three of them Alfred, John, and Samuel enlisted on the 01st Day of March, 1862, in the same Confederate Unit at Orange County, Texas. Alfred, John, Robert and Samuel Peveto fought for his Country, lived, died, and are buried in Orange County, Texas. Their first cousins, John SR., James, and John B. Pevoto lived, at the time of the War, in Johnson Bayou, Cameron Parish, Louisiana; but later moved to Orange County, Texas. They then lived and died, and are buried in Orange County, Texas. These three men changed the spelling of their name from Pevoto to Peveto. Joseph B. Pevoto owned homes in Johnson Bayou, Louisiana and Orange County, Texas. He never changed the spelling of his name from Pevoto. James, John, Samuel, John B., and Joseph B. were all brothers. (note: Company “I” was formed in Orange County, Texas.)

PEVETO (PEVOTO), JOHN, Enlisted in the service of the Confederate States of America, on the 01st Day of March, 1862, and served “Honorably” as a “Private”, in Company “I”, 13th “Burnett’s Regiment”, “Texas Cavalry”, “Flowernaughts”, C.S.A., later “Dismounted”, Captain Fairchild’s Company, Orange County, Texas. He was “Honorably” discharged from said Confederate service on the 24th Day of May, 1862. A Brother to Alfred, Robert and Samuel. (note: Company “I” was formed in Orange County, Texas.)

PEVETO, JOHN B., Enlisted in the service of the Confederate States of America, in October, 1863, and served “Honorably” as a “Private” in Company “H”, “Gillespies” 24th” “Texas Cavalry”, C.S.A. He was at his time of enlistment a resident of Liberty County, Texas. He was “Honorably” discharged from said Confederate service on the 15th day of June, 1865, by Major Pickett. (Obtained from “Southern Cross of Honor” application…his writing). Received a Confederate pension from the State of Texas. Pension # 43745/50327 (Two).

PEVETO (PEVOTO), ROBERT, Enlisted in the service of the Confederate States of America, on the 15th day of May, 1862, and served “Honorably” as a “Private” in “Wilson’s Battery”, “Light Artillery”, C.S.A. He was a his time of enlistment a resident of Orange County, Texas. He was “Honorably” discharged from said Confederate service on the 10th day of May, 1865, By Captain Robert Hughes. (Obtained from “Southern Cross of Honor” application…his writing). Brother to Alfred, John and Samuel.

PEVITO, ALEX, Enlisted in the service of the Confederate States of America and served “Honorably” in Company “B”, “Artillery”, 11th “Spaight’s Battalion”, “Texas Volunteers”, C.S.A. (note: Company “B” spent most of the War stationed at Sabine Pass, Texas. Company “B” was formed in Jefferson County (Sabine Pass), Texas.)

PEVITO, ALFRED, Enlisted in the service of the Confederate States of America and served “Honorably” in Company “I”, 13th Texas “Cavalry”, “Flowernaughts”, C.S.A., later “Dismounted”. (note: Company “I” was formed in Orange County, Texas.)

PEVITO, G., Enlisted in the service of the Confederate States of America and served “Honorably” in Company “A”, 11th “Spaight’s Battalion”, “Texas Volunteers”, “Cavalry”, C.S.A. (note: Company “A” was formed in Jefferson County (Sabine Pass), Texas.)

PEVITO, JOHN, Enlisted in the service of the Confederate States of America and served “Honorably” in Company “I”, 13th Texas “Cavalry”, “Flowernaughts”, C.S.A., later “Dismounted”. (note: Company “I” was formed in Orange County, Texas.)

PEVITO, J., Enlisted in the service of the Confederate States of America and served “Honorably” in Company “A”, 11th “Spaight’s Battalion”, “Texas Volunteers”, “Cavalry”, C.S.A. (note: Company “A” was formed in Jefferson County (Sabine Pass), Texas.)

PEVITO, J. B., Enlisted in the service of the Confederate States of America and served “Honorably” in Company “B”, “Artillery”, 11th “Spaight’s Battalion”, “Texas Volunteers”, C.S.A. (note: Company “B” spent most of the War stationed at Sabine Pass, Texas. Company “B” was formed in Jefferson County (Sabine Pass), Texas.)

PEVITO, J. B., Enlisted in the service of the Confederate States of America and served “Honorably” in 4th Company “I”, 13th “Burnett’s” Texas “Cavalry”, “Flowernaughts” C.S.A. (note: Company “I” was formed in Orange County, Texas.)

PEVITO (PEVETO), SAMUEL, (Buried: Linscomb Cemetery, Orange, Texas), Enlisted in the service of the Confederate States of America and served “Honorably” in Company “I”, 13th “Burnett’s” Texas “Cavalry”, “Flowernaughts”, C.S.A., later “Dismounted”. He was discharged from said Confederate Service on the 25th day of May, 1865. (note: Company “I” was formed in Orange County, Texas.)

PEVOTO (PEVETO), JAMES, (Buried in Stevenson Cemetery, Orange County, Texas), Enlisted in the service of the Confederate States of America, and served “Honorably” as a “Private” in Company “?” 11th “Spaight’s Battalion”, “Texas Volunteers”, C.S.A. He was “Honorably” discharged from said Confederate service on the 25th Day of November, 1861. James was age 16 in 1861. James was a brother of John Pevoto JR. And a son of John Pevoto SR of Cameron Parish, Louisiana, and later Orange County, Texas.

PEVOTO (PEVETO), JOHN SR., (Buried in Pine Island Cemetery in Orange County, Texas), Enlisted in the service of the Confederate States of America, on the 01st Day of March, 1862, and served “Honorably” as a “Private” in Company “I”, 13th “Burnett’s Regiment”, “Texas Cavalry”, “Flowernaughts”, C.S.A., later “Dismounted”, C.S.A. Captain Fairchild’s Company. Age given as 35 years (age actually 41 in 1862). Later transferred to Company “F”, “Dailey’s / Ragsdale’s Battalion”, “Texas Cavalry”, C.S.A. Transferred again later to Company “D”, “4th Regiment”, “Arizona Brigade”, C.S.A. He also served as a “Courier” from Calcasieu Pass, Louisiana to Sabine Pass, Texas. John (Pevoto) Peveto was a first cousin to Alfred, John, Robert and Samuel (Pevoto) Peveto mentioned here.

PEVOTO (PEVETO), JOHN B., (Buried in Smith Cemetery at Orange, Texas), Enlisted in the service of the Confederate States of America, and served “Honorably” as a “Private” in Company “B”, “Artillery”, 11th “Spaight’s Battalion”, “Texas Volunteers”, C.S.A. He later was transferred to Company “H”, 25th “Gillespie’s Regiment”, “Texas Cavalry”, C.S.A. He was at his time of enlistment a resident of Johnson Bayou, Louisiana. He was “Honorably” discharged from said Confederate service. He later moved to Orange. John B. was a first cousin to Alfred, John, Robert and Samuel Peveto. Received a Confederate pension from the State of Texas. Pension # 03207. (note: Company “B” spent most of the War stationed at Sabine Pass, Texas. Company “B” was formed in Jefferson County (Sabine Pass), Texas.)

(?)PEVOTO (PEVETO), JOHN B., (Plot 5, Evergreen Cemetery), Born: 18th Day of January, 1827. Died: 16th Day of October, 1889. (born: at Johnson Bayou, Louisiana), Brother to Joseph B. below. Enlisted in the service of the Confederate States of America, and served “Honorably” as a “Private” in Company “?”

PEVOTO (PEVETO), JOSEPH, B., (buried: Evergreen Cemetery) (No Marker), (born: at Johnson Bayou, Louisiana), Enlisted in the service of the Confederate States of America, and served “Honorably” as a “Private” in Company “I”, 13th “Burnett’s Regiment”, “Texas Cavalry”, “Flowernaughts”, C.S.A., later “Dismouned”, C.S.A. Captain Fairchild’s Company. He was “Honorably” discharged from said Confederate service on the 28th Day of July, 1865, at Sabine Pass, Texas. Joseph B. Pevoto was a first cousin to Alfred, John, Robert and Samuel (Pevoto) Peveto. (note: Company “I” was formed in Orange County, Texas.)

PEVOTO, ROBERT, Applied for a Confederate Pension from the State of Texas.

PEVOTO (PEVETO), SAMUEL, Enlisted in the service of the Confederate States of America on the 15th day of May, 1862, and served “Honorably” as a “Private” in Company “I”, 13th “Burnett’s Regiment”, Texas “Cavalry”, “Flowernaught’s”, C.S.A. Later “Dismounted”. Served in “Captain Fairchild’s Company”, formed in Orange County, Texas. He was “Honorably” discharged from said Confederate service on the 25th day of May, 1865, in Beaumont, Texas. Received a Confederate Pension from the States of Texas. Pension # 07925. (note: Company “I” was formed in Orange County, Texas.)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Allen C. Connel 20 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT 
VRoessler1411 19 Oct 2001 5:28AM GMT 
PatAlmquist 31 Dec 2001 8:50PM GMT 
VanessaRoessl... 31 Dec 2001 9:44PM GMT 
Pat Almquist 31 Dec 2001 10:34PM GMT 
gaylelittle62 22 Feb 2010 5:51PM GMT 
PatAlmquist 22 Feb 2010 8:11PM GMT 
gaylelittle62 24 Feb 2010 5:04PM GMT 
Pat Almquist 31 Dec 2001 10:55PM GMT 
LindaPeveto 24 Jul 2003 11:40PM GMT 
per page