Search for content in message boards

Looking for the parents of Marcus Lafayette Dalton

Replies: 1

Looking for the parents of Marcus Lafayette Dalton

Hannah (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2001 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dalton, Gambill, Tennison, Ward, Herrin, Slaughter, Denton, Lawson, Wilkins, Bell
I am looking for the parents of Marcus Lafayette Dalton. He was born October 14, 1819 in Tennessee and died November 8, 1870 killed by indians in Parker County, Texas. He married Lucinda Gambill. She was born June 6, 1819 in Logan County, Kentucky and died February 8, 1900 in Palo Pinto County, Texas. Her parents are William Gambill and Sarah Ward. Marcus Lafayette Dalton and Lucinda Gambill had the following children: William Cleo Dalton, George Dalton, John Dalton, Charlie A. Dalton, Robert S. Dalton who married Millie Slaughter, George Lee Dalton (My GGreat Grandfather) who married Luvina Paralee Tennison, Sarah Dalton who married A. L. Denton, Mary Dalton who married a Herrin and Jennie Dalton who married a Volentine. These Dalton's are buried at either the Lu-Queen Cemetery or the Greenwood Cemetery. Marcus Lafayette Dalton and Lucinda Gambill were one of the first settlers to settle Palo Pinto County, Texas. They settled on a ranch at the mouth of Rock Creek on the Brazos River in 1855.

I have other names that are in this family of Dalton's, can anyone out there identify them? They are Effie Dalton, Mary Elizabeth Dalton, Edley Anderson Dalton, Vaughty Heneryetta Gen, Nancy Jane Lawson, Samuel Marion Dalton who married Mary Gambill, Marion Wood Dalton who married Rachel Stacy Wilkins, George Dalton, Cassie Dalton, Catherine Dalton, John W. Dalton who married Mary Frances Bell who had a son named Edward Lafayette Dalton.

Thanks for any help, Hannah
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Hannah 30 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT 
scott102301 3 Aug 2013 8:12PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions