Search for content in message boards

Jonathan Hadley Anderson Sheriff/Clerk

Replies: 1

Jonathan Hadley Anderson Sheriff/Clerk

Posted: 1 Apr 2009 8:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Taylor, Nail, Anderson
I have two different Andersons in my family tree from Panola County. One is an Elizabeth Anderson, who was born in Alabama in 1833. She first shows up in the 1850 census, newly married to James Paul Taylor in Panola County. The other Anderson is a John C. Anderson. He first shows up in a marriage record when he married Dorinda Nail in Panola in 1855. I find him also on the 1860, 70, and 80 Panola census records. He was born sometime around 1830 and I'm assuming that he died before the 1900 census was taken. I'm trying to figure out just who their parents were. I've seen both listed online as being the children of Jonathan Hadley Anderson and Susan Davis. My problem is this...when I look up the Jonathon Anderson who married Susan Davis I see that he was born in 1806 and was the Panola County Sheriff for a number of years. There's another Jonathan Hadley Anderson who was a clerk in Panola, who was much younger than the Sheriff. In the 1850 census of the sheriff's household he has a son named John who was born in 1830. Is this son Jonathon the clerk or the John C. Anderson who gets married in 1855? And how are all of these Andersons related to Old Shelby? It seems as if people have done extensive research into these Andersons but i've yet to find a definitive list of their children. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can be emailed at joshtaylor@hotmail.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Josh Taylor 1 Apr 2009 2:24PM GMT 
AndersonSolom... 15 Oct 2012 5:26AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic