Search for content in message boards

Searching for my biological grandfather

Replies: 0

Searching for my biological grandfather

Posted: 9 Mar 2013 12:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Mar 2013 12:17PM GMT
Surnames: unknown
My mother was adopted and I have found her biological mother but have not had any luck finding my grandfather. My grandmother was from rural Carthage. Here's the information that I have from the state of Texas and my mother's adoption file. My grandfather was American born, believed to be of Dutch descent. He was born around 1906 and died at age 72 of chronic congestive failure due to ischemic heart disease. At the time of his death he was married and his occupation most of his life was owning/managing a grocery store and service station in Texas. He did not have any other children born in Texas. His father was a farmer and died young. His mother was in a rest sanitorium, in Texas. He had one brother who was in the army in 1941.He had a high school education and worked as a book keeper at a general merchandise store in Texas. He was 5’4” and weighed around 150 lbs. His complexion was dark, his eyes and hair were brown. His face was square-shaped and his eyes were small. He had good teeth. He was in good health and passed the rigid physical exam for admittance into the Navy. He was a frank, forward fellow, who met people well and always had a lot of friends. He enjoyed dancing and going to shows. He was not very athletic. He had average to above-average intelligence. He was reputed to be an excellent book keeper. His marital status was listed as unmarried. My grandmother’s story was that he boarded with some neighbors near her family’s home in Rural Carthage Texas. They dated for three or four years off and on during that time. They never talked of marriage, were just attracted physically. When she told him of her condition, he said nothing. Shortly afterwards, he quietly left the country and it is generally believed that he joined the Navy. She stated that she had no desire to have further contact with him and no desire to marry him. Please let me know if any of this information is familiar.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions