Search for content in message boards

My "brick wall" Richard W. Murphy

Replies: 7

My "brick wall" Richard W. Murphy

Posted: 12 May 2011 6:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am researching Richard W. Murphy b. Abt. 1820 Alabama, d. 1876 Livingston, Polk County, Texas, burial Menard Chapel Cemetery Segno, Polk County, Texas, He married May 22, 1843 Lauderdale, Lauderdale, Mississippi, United States Elizabeth Moore. Elizabeth Moore is the daughter of John C. Moore and Charlotte Romell. She was b. Nov 1822 Macon County, North Carolina, d. May 10, 1910 Livingston, Polk County, Texas, burial May 12, 1910 Menard Chapel Cemetery Livingston, Polk County, Texas.

I have hit my "brick wall" trying to find Richard W. Murphy's parents and siblings. I would also like to find out what the "W" in his name stands for. I think it might be Walter, but don't use that as a fact, because I have not been able to prove and document it.

I think that he traveled with his wife's (Elizabeth Moore) family; John C. Moore & family from Mississippi to Polk County, Texas. Again, don't use that as a fact, because I have not been able to prove and document it.

I also know that in 1879 he paid taxes in Polk County, Texas on 160 acres, but I can not find any land records for him.

He also had a daughter that is shown on the 1850 census Beat 1, Leake, Mississippi as S. Murphy. I have been unable to find any further records for her. It would be nice to find out here name and dod, where she is buried, etc.

I would also appreciate any photos or stories of his family, children, grandchildren, etc. I have very few photos of the Murphy family. I love the photos-they seem to bring our ancestors to life.

I have a subscription to ancestry.com, so I have access to all those records, census, etc.

I would appreciate any assistance.

Please email me directly:

family_history@att.net

Thank you,
Barbara
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
family_histor... 12 May 2011 12:09PM GMT 
Roy Miller 12 May 2011 8:06PM GMT 
family_histor... 12 May 2011 9:13PM GMT 
family_histor... 26 Jul 2011 6:49PM GMT 
Roy Miller 28 Jul 2011 9:03PM GMT 
a3redheads1 26 Jul 2011 5:28PM GMT