Search for content in message boards

Looking for family past and present

Replies: 0

Looking for family past and present

Posted: 29 May 2013 12:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Jun 2013 6:55PM GMT
Surnames: Parker, Walker, Ward, Guery
I am looking for additional information about my family. I have partially traced my family back about five generations but there are lots of gaps if you can help, please let me know.
Here is some of the information I have collected. The oldest ancestor I have identified thus far is Charles Parker, born in Virginia in 1800, his wife's first name was Violet also born in 1800, her last name is unknown I found an individual I believe to this Charles Parker in the 1880 census as a single person in the household of Joe White in Louisiana, his relationship is listed as other. Charles Parker was the father of Charles W. Parker who was also born in Virginia in 1828. This Charles W. Parker was the father of my great grandfather David Parker. At some point before 1862 when my grandfather was born, the family relocated to Polk County, Texas many members of the family still reside there. I am providing some the information I have collected on my family thus far;

David Parker was my great grandfather. This is his family of origin:

Father: Charles W. Parker – Born - 1828 in Virginia
Mother: Christina Parker – Born - 1835 in Georgia…Maiden name – Unknown
Son: David Parker-Born – 1862 in Polk County, Texas / Married Mattie Ward on 2/ 3/1883
Daughter: Charlotte Parker - Born – 1863 in Polk County, Texas married Squire Colquitt on 12/2/1880
Daughter: Olive Parker - Born – 1864 in Polk County, Texas married Anthony Thorpe on 8/31/1881
Daughter: Violet Parker – Born 1865 in Polk County, Texas married Nathan Gibbs on 12/27/1883
Daughter: Ada Parker - Born 1868 in Polk County, Texas married James Stanley 11/4/1883
Daughter: Lizzie Parker - Born 1870 in Polk County,/ no marriage verified
Son: Joe Parker - Born 1872 in Polk County, Texas / no marriage verified
Daughter: Julia Parker – Born 1876 in Polk County, Texas / no marriage verified
Granddaughter: Mary A. Harrison – Born 1871 in Polk County, Texas - Parents unknown
Charles W. Parker’s Grandmother – Violet Parker – Born 1800 in Virginia

David Parker married Mattie Ward in February, 1883, all of their children were born in Polk County, Texas. They left Polk County sometime between 1900 and 1910 when they moved to 923 E. Lincoln St. in Guthrie OK. Two of Mattie's grandchildren are still alive and I would like to share any additional information I can get with them

This is the family of David and Mattie (Ward) Parker

David Parker – Born 1862 in Texas, my great-grandfather
Mattie Ward – Born 1868 in Texas, my great-grandmother
Daughter: Mollie Parker(my grandmother) Born 1868 in Texas / Married Pleas Walker
Son: Abram Parker Born 1869 in Polk County, Texas / Married Arie Freeman
Son: Joseph Parker – Born 1871 in Polk County, Texas / Married Hettie Turner 11/6/1910
Son: Matthew Parker- Born – 1873 in Polk County, Texas
Daughter: Katie Parker – Born -1875 in Polk County, Texas
Daughter: Lillie Parker – Born 1877 in Polk County, Texas
Daughter: Rannie Parker – Born 1881 in Polk County, Texas / Died in 1899 in Harris County Texas
Son: Author W. Parker _ Born 1883 in Polk County, Texas
Son: Julius W. Parker – Born 1885 in Polk County, Texas
Daughter: Berthie M. Parker – Born 1887 in Polk County, Texas
Grandson: Joseph Stevens – Born 1892 in Polk County, Texas

MY grand mother Mollie Parker was the first born child of David and Mattie Parker, She married Pleas Walker, together they reared 19 children; 14 biological children, three (3) children of my grandfather's from his first marriage and two (20 of my grandfather's sister, Dessie Mayo's children. Pleas passed away in 1954, Mollie died in 1986 in Houston, Texas at the age of 102. Two of her daughter's are still alive.

Pleas Walker – Born 1876 in Polk County, Texas / Married Lizzie Hood /Mollie Parker

Mollie Parker- – Born 1883 in Polk County, Texas / married Pleas Walker
This is the family of Pleas and Mollie (Parker) Walker:

Mary Walker daughter of Pleas and Lizzie Walker

Lizzie Walker daughter of Pleas and Lizzie Walker

Leonard Walker son of Pleas and Lizzie Walker

The children of Pleas and Mollie Walker are:

David Flynn Walker

Pleas Walker, Jr.

Esther Maye Walker

Joe Nathan Walker

Essie LaPearl Walker- (my mother) Born 6/1/1918

Jessie LaJewel Walker- (my mother’s twin) Born 6/1/1918 - Died 5/1/1934

Bertha Mae Walker

Coy Walker

Nell Verna Walker

Minerva Christine Walker

Eugene Walker

Moline Walker

Bessie ? --------Niece

Clarice Deason - Niece

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions