Search for content in message boards

Sabra Low/Lowe and Martha Low/Lowe of Polk County, TX

Replies: 0

Sabra Low/Lowe and Martha Low/Lowe of Polk County, TX

Posted: 15 Feb 2014 3:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Low/Lowe, Gabert/Gaybert/Gebert, Creel
I am searching for more information on Sabra Low/Lowe (born 1852 in SC, died after 1870 most likely in Polk County, TX). Polk County records state that, on 4/16/1869, an S. or L. Gebert (Gabert/Gaybert) married S. A. (Sabra Ann) Lowe. They had a daughter, Coryana "Cora" Gabert, on 1/12/1870. That's the only info I can find on S. Gabert, but his name is spelled Gaybert on Cora's death certificate. Polk County marriage records also state that an S. A. Gabert (I'm assuming this is Sabra) married a J.R. Creel (I think this is James R. Creel). However, there is debate among ancestry.com patrons that James may have married Sabra's sister, Martha Lowe, and not Sabra. All I have to go on is the marriage record to prove it was Sabra. Meanwhile, in the 1880 Polk County, TX, Census, James R. Creel (listed as widowed) and 2 daughters (Julia and Marzy) are listed along with Cora (who I'm assuming is orphaned or abandoned) as living with John and Elizabeth (Bartee) Lowe, the parents of Sabra and Martha. I would be interested in communicating with anyone who knows which sister married Creel, what happened to S. Gabert/Gaybert/Gebert (Sabra's first husband), as well as Sabra and her sister, Martha Lowe. I would also love any stories or photos of any of these relatives. Thank you so much, Janalisa Braziel Soltis

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions