Search for content in message boards

Lanes Chapel Cemetery Red River County

Replies: 7

Lanes Chapel Cemetery Red River County

Earl Cagle (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2003 3:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CAGLE, GUNTER, STAGNER, MORGAN, SHAW
Although I have never been there, ancestors of mine are buried in Lanes Chapel Cemetery, near Clarksville. My g-Uncle William Cagle b. Dec. 1853 d.1935, along with his extended family are buried there. All of the Cagle burial stones are accounted for, except for one. There is a stone marked with Mary A. Cagle. I have never been able to confirm who she is. However, I think she is my g-grandmother. Mary Alvira Cagle b. Aug. 1860 AR. (unknown county). She was married to Thomas William Cagle b. April 1840 in Hickman Co; TN. They were married on July 24, 1877 in Oregon Co; Mo. Her name is shown as Mary E. Cagle (Elvira), another spelling of her middle name. They may have been first or second cousins. I base this only on the fact that her name is shown as Cagle, on their marriage certificate. They last appear together in the 1900 Missouri Census for Mississippi Co.My g-grandfather Thomas William Cagle, last appears in the 1910 Missouri Census for Oregon Co. He is listed with two of their children. He later moves back to Mississippi Co; Mo. He died in 1917 and is buried in the Oak Grove Cemetery in Charleston, Mo. I feel that for some unknown reason Mary A. Cagle, made the trip to Red River Co; Tx; and is buried at this Cemetery. She has been my brick wall for many years in my Cagle, family research. Anyone with any info. on her or her family, please contact me. I also have a Cagle E-mail list, for Cagle and allied famiies. This has been online for over four years now, and is sponsored by Rootsweb. Anyone wanting to join may let me know.Earl D. Cagle Sr.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Earl Cagle 2 Feb 2003 10:16PM GMT 
ashleycagle_1 5 May 2003 12:54AM GMT 
JudyA_Fuller 20 Feb 2013 10:44AM GMT 
Johnie Lee 6 Nov 2006 10:32PM GMT 
kdkleinberg 15 Nov 2008 3:44AM GMT 
jimgrx 11 Mar 2013 6:11AM GMT 
jimgrx 12 Mar 2013 4:59AM GMT 
JudyA_Fuller 28 Mar 2013 3:25PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions