Search for content in message boards

James Abernathy Berry and Arminta Hamilton Berry

Replies: 9

James Abernathy Berry and Arminta Hamilton Berry

Linda Jackson (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 2006 8:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Berry / Hamilton / Canterbury
The last time I posted this, I was very new at gathering the family information and stayed confused most of the time. I listed my GG Grandparents as Sylvester and Arminta Berry. Sylvester is my GGG Grandfather and he is buried in Oklahoma. James Abernathy Berry is my GG Grandfather. The rest of the information is correct. This is very important to my family and I hope someone can help. Thanks...

James and Arminta are my Great Great Grandparents. I recently found out that they are buried in a field along the side of a road outside of Clarksville, Texas in Red River County. The last time anyone in our family saw the grave site was in 1977 and at that time, the site was overgrown with grass and weeds. My husband and I tried to find the graves a couple of months ago while on our way through the area but it was to find unless you were led to it. (2-3-06) The description I have was provided by my parents. Mom's memory of how to get to the site is to drive from Clarksville out FM Road 1159, which loops back to Texas 37. Approximately 6 miles east of Texas 37 on the south side of the road is the cemetery. It is app. 20 feet inside the fence on high ground and invisible from the road. Mom didn't think to put down land marks. Sylvester and Arminta's daughter, Cora Berry who is the twin sister of my G Grandmother, Dora, died in child birth and is also buried there along with her baby who lived 3 hours. Her married name was Richardson and her husband, A.W. inherited the estate since his child lived for 3 hours. There are grave markers and one has a lamb on top of it. It troubles my heart that they are lost in a tangle of weeds due to the fact that no family lives in the area as far as we know. The last relatives in the area were the Canterburys; Charles Canterbury and his daughter Mrs. George (Evelyn) Campbell. Charles was my GGG Grandfather Sylvester's Sister Matilda Jane Berry. The Canterbury's were very well know in the Clarksville area. If anyone out there can give me exact directions to the Berry's resting place, I would appreciate it. I guess I need to also know if they are located on private property and is it ok for me to go there and clear the area and put up a fence around it. Thank you, thank you if you are able to help.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Linda Jackson 3 Apr 2006 2:01AM GMT 
PaSain 17 Apr 2006 12:59AM GMT 
Linda Jackson 17 Apr 2006 2:58AM GMT 
hol4wel 11 Nov 2007 4:25PM GMT 
Mizpah5 12 Nov 2007 12:59AM GMT 
hol4wel 12 Nov 2007 3:42PM GMT 
cjlint 15 Nov 2012 5:09AM GMT 
jeraldgross19... 2 May 2007 3:43AM GMT 
Mizpah5 2 May 2007 4:58AM GMT 
jeraldgross19... 3 May 2007 2:40AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions