Search for content in message boards

John W. Bower Grave

Replies: 1

John W. Bower Grave

Posted: 19 Sep 2012 2:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am attempting to locate the grave of John W. Bower. His memorial page on Findagrave states he is buried in Bower Cemetery in Refugio County. The only reference I find for a Bower Cemetery on the web is on his memorial page.

I have found a few references that state he was buried near a ferry landing he ran in the 1800s. The ferry ran across the San Antonio river at Carlos Crossing. He owned land on the south side of the river and is supposed to be buried at that location.

On the north side of the river was the Carlos Rancho established by Carlos De La Garza. The De La Garza cemetery is on the north side of the San Antonio River and some of the ranch is still owned by De La Garza's decendants.

Both De La Garza and Bower operated the ferry. I am hoping that the De La Garza cemetery on the north side of the river is near where Bower is supposedly buried on the south side of the river.

I am hoping that somebody who is familiar with the history of this area of Victoria County can help me out.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
HPDSarge 19 Sep 2012 8:32PM GMT 
phillipfazzin... 20 Oct 2012 5:43PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions