Search for content in message boards

1880 Census

Replies: 0
Posted: 17 Oct 2011 10:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
I would like a 1880 Census Look Up for my grandparents who lived in the Rockwall County Tx area. There names are Zim and Lovenia Lewis. They lived in the Blackland, Tx area and Royse City area of Texas.

I found my grandfather in 1900 listed with 7 of his 9 children as a widower. Then in 1910 he remarried a Mynervia or Menywin and 5 of his children were still living at home with him and his new wife.

My grandfather died in Royse City Tx in Nov of 1918. But I have not been able to locate my Grandfather Zim with my Grandmother Lovenia in the 1880 census.

Nor have I been able to locate the birth records for their 9 children who were born in the Rockwall Co. area and the oldest child Rosa was born abt 1880. I found Rosa living near her father in the 1900 Census.

Both my grandparents died and are buried in the Blackland Cemetery and Royse City Cemetery after having lived there for about 30 plus yrs. My grandfather was a farmer.

I have not been able to locate a marriage license for my grandfather Zim Lewis and his 2nd wife Minervia or Menywin who were married in Rockwall Co also abt 1903.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions