Search for content in message boards

Family of Jasper Newton Hallmark/Amanda A. Ringer

Replies: 1

Family of Jasper Newton Hallmark/Amanda A. Ringer

Posted: 9 Jan 2002 4:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Apr 2005 8:36PM GMT
Interested in locating gravesites and descendants of Jasper Newton Hallmark, son of Rep. of Texas pioneer, Richard Hallmark and Mary Ann Prewitt who came to Texas in 1837 from the area of Haleyville, AL. The family first located in Houston Co. TX, but Richard ended up in Bastrop Co. TX where much of Jasper Newton's early life occurred. He served in the Civil War from that county, but by 1880 had moved to Lampasas Co., then on to Llano Co. TX where he lived until he moved after 1900 to the area of Runnels/Taylor Co. TX.

His Confederate Pension was taken out in Llano Co., but he ended up in the Wingate area of Runnels Co. by the time of his death, 1917, according to Runnels Co. probate.

However, in 1910, he and much of his family are found on Taylor Co. Census rolls.

Seeking his burial spot as well as any knowledgeable descendants. I have much to offer on the Hallmark line.

Karylon A. Russell, Box 823, Llano, TX 78643 krussell@moment.net

P.S. I know there are other Hallmarks in the Runnels Co. area, and I have been in contact with them for several years now. They descend from a BROTHER of Jasper Newton. Most are from John Booker Hallmark, nephew of Jasper Newton, and son of James Minet Charles Pierson Hallmark and Sarah Hodges.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
KarylonRussel... 9 Jan 2002 11:18PM GMT 
Bubbi57 5 Jun 2013 11:39AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions