Search for content in message boards

"Sabine County, TX, the First 150 years - 1836 - 1986

Replies: 14

Re: "Sabine County, TX, the First 150 years - 1836 - 1986

Posted: 6 Oct 2013 5:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Conner, Smith, Low, Emerson
Hi, I am a Conner descendent from Alford Horton "Bubba" Conner. Bubba was already married to my great great grandmother and out of the area when the feud finally erupted in its final chapter. However, I have heard about the feud all my life, seen the rifle that Bill Conner was using when he was killed by a bullet that richocheted off the barrel of the rifle into his heart. I have read the Texas Rangers' account of the feud which includes many inaccuracies. I have also read the manuscript of a man, now deceased, titled "Judge Not" which is a scholarly account of the Conners from back in Georgia, through their time in Florida to their move to Texas. My cousin, Jim Emerson has the only copy that I know of in existance.
You may look at my tree anytime as it is public. I seem to remember that Drucilla was a Conner. The Conners, Smiths, and Lows were actually intermarried during that time.
I believe that all of the people involved in the fighting died before I was born so I have no prejucdices againsy anyone related to anyone involved since we are all distant cousins somewhere in out past.
Pat Emerson
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
TraciDavis524 27 Jan 2010 3:45PM GMT 
ljlapinski1 28 Jan 2010 12:46AM GMT 
lynfarmer1 17 Oct 2011 2:40AM GMT 
rrforester67 31 Jan 2013 9:16PM GMT 
PatriciaEmers... 6 Oct 2013 11:48PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions