HI I am the Great Granddaughter of Minerva McKinney and Joseph Shelton.
Thia is all I have on My Fathers Family:
J S L and Minerva's 7 Children:
1. Elbert Jack/Jackson Shelton b 8 Sept 1896 Nacogdoches TX, m.
2. Bertha Shelton Peoples b. 23 March 1898 Texas( Assumed Nacogdoches,
however Grandpa moved around quite a bit while in Texas for some
reason), m James 'Jim' Peoples
3. Robert John Shelton ( Could Be Robert James Went by R J) b. 26 Feb.
1900 Nacogdoches TX, m. ( i haven't worked on him yet).
4. Joseph L (Could B Louis or Lewis) Shelton b 1902 Texas m Naomi
5. Emie (could be Emma) Elizabeth Shelton b. 3 mar 1907 Kaufman, TX
6. Fred "Freddie/Meddie/Birdie" (no middle name that i have been able
to come across) Shelton (my Grand Father) b. 9 Jan 1909 Wills Point,
Texas, m. Clara Estell Owens (who died in Child birth) 1929 (She was
from Navarro county Texas) m. Ruby (Riby) Gordon Davis(My Grandmother)
1934 Shelby County, Texas
Children of Fred and Ruby:
Doris Marie Shelton m. Virgil Crenshaw m Larry Ronald Williams
Bertha Mae Shelton m. Jack Balcome
Francis Minerva Shelton m. James "Jimmy" Walker
Ruby Leora Shelton m. Rudy B Porter
James Freddie Shelton M Mildred Louise Brown
Robin Lynn Shelton M James Harvey Goodman
Shannon J Shelton m. Wesley Goodman
James Christopher Gordon Shelton m Corina Ann Salazar
Beth Ann Shelton M. John E Jarvis
Larry Wayne Shelton m. Patricia M. Levingston
Linda Kay Shelton (Never married died at the age of 2)
7 Issac Shelton (who could be Robert Issac) b. 22 April 1911 Cherokee
County TX, m. Melva
I was wondering if any of y'all could lead me through Minerva's side of the family. Also if anyone had any information on JSL Shelton that she married in her fathers house April 23, 1895?