Search for content in message boards

John Edward Hopkins 1856-1888

Replies: 0

John Edward Hopkins 1856-1888

Posted: 18 Jun 2013 3:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Came with his family to San Jacinto county and married Betty Harrell, granddaughter of Arnett White Harrell. I have been told my entire life by more than a few people that he used to run with an outlaw gang that was associated with Jessie James. Also, although I can't seem to find where I read it, I had heard about through family members and even read a post somewhere by Arnette Daugherty that family legend says his mother Julietta Stoughton was disowned by her parents. No one seems to know more than this though. Has anyone related to this line every heard of either of these legend and knows of any truth? My grandfather was sort of a black sheep of the family and never really knew much about the family history. Everything that was told to my dad/uncles was told by their grandfather John Archie or his brothers/sister/parents. None of them are living (except for EJ who I have never really seen since I was little)so I really don't know where else to start or who to get the info from.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions