Search for content in message boards

Arthur David Barton family

Replies: 2

Arthur David Barton family

Posted: 29 Mar 2007 8:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Barton
I know that Arthur's wife Ella Mae died 09 Sep 1994 in Portland and is buried in the Portland Cemetery. His son Terrel David Barton died in Portland on 17 Aug 1989 at 28 years old I would like obits on him and his mother if there is an obit archive. I do not find Arthur in the white pages so he might also have died. If anyone knows members of this family please give them my email bill-lewis(at)sbcglobal.net

My mom did genealogy for 50 years and I am trying to update her information. If someone visits the cemetery I would appreciate any headstone photos.

Descendants of Arthur David Barton

Generation No. 1

1. ARTHUR DAVID8 BARTON (RICHARD ALVIN 'SOUP'7, JAMES ISOM6, JAMES AVERY5, HENDRIX SNOW4, ISAAC3, JOHN2, ISAAC1) was born 17 Mar 1937 in Brownsboro, Henderson County, Texas. He married ELLA MAE KELLY 11 Dec 1959 in Odessa, Ector County, Texas. She was born 16 Sep 1938 in Lubbock, Lubbock County, Texas, and
***died 09 Sep 1994 in Portland, San Patricio County, Texas.

Notes for ARTHUR DAVID BARTON:
Birth Sequence: Second of two children born to Richard Alvin Barton and Johnnie Irene Shelton.
Birth: Index to Texas Birth Records indicates that Arthur David Barton was born in Henderson Co Texas, 17 Mar 1937, and was recorded by Certificate #22090.
Texas Birth Index Year 1937 Page 111 Copy in Barton Binder 2 Item 10A
Arthur David Barton 17 Mar 1937 Male Henderson R A Barton Bell Smith

~Marriage: Check Ector Co Texas marriage records for Vol. & Page.
Current Address and Telephone Number, Mar 1993:
Arthur David Barton 111 Janin Circle W. Portland, Texas 78374 512-643-4652

Church Affilication: Baptist
Places of Residences: Brownsboro, Wyoming, Odessa, Midland, Canyon, Portland.
Biographical Sketch forwarded by wife, Ella Barton
Education: High School: Odessa High Diploma 1955
Odessa Jr. College 56 Hours Chem/Eng. 1970
Military: USArmy, Signal Corps. SP4: Traveled to Iceland, Germany, Asia.
Work/Employment: Oil Field Service Company; plant manager, Odessa and Corpus Christi.
Special Interest: Fishing, camping. Honors and Awards: Boy Scouts of America

Notes for ELLA MAE KELLY:
Returned completed Family Group Sheets for her husband, and their descendants. Date: 5 Mar 1993.

Birth: Texas Birth Index indicates that Ella Mae Kelly was born in Lubbock Co TX, 16 Sep 1938, and was recorded as Certificate #81205.

Places of residences: Lubbock, Midland, Odessa, Canyon, Portland.
Church Affiliation: Baptist.
Death: Source: Telephone message, 21 Sep 1994, from Wilma Barton Johnson.

Children of ARTHUR BARTON and ELLA KELLY are:
i. TERREL DAVID9 BARTON, b. 14 Mar 1961, Odessa, Ector County, Texas; d. 17 Aug 1989, Portland, San Patricio County, Texas.

Notes for TERREL DAVID BARTON:
Birth Sequence: First of four children born to Arthur David Barton and Ella Mae Kelly.
Birth: Texas Birth Index indicates that Terrel David Barton was born in Ector Co TX, and recorded with the Texas Bureau of Vital Statistics as Certificate #42079.
Texas Birth Index Year 1961 Page 242 Copy in Barton Binder 2 Item 10B
Terrel David Barton 14 Mar 1961 Male Ector Ella Mae Kelly
Never married.
Biographical Sketch: Education: High School graduate. S/Sgt, US Air Force, Aug 1980 - June 1986 Civilian Occupation: Artist and Carpenter.
Death: Statement by mother: Terrel drowned due to an epilectic seizure. His epilesy was caused from job stress in the military.

2. ii. RICHARD LEE BARTON, b. 08 Aug 1963, Odessa, Ector County, Texas.
3. iii. CHERYL DENEICE BARTON, b. 20 Nov 1966, Odessa, Ector County, Texas.
4. iv. THELINA MAYE BARTON, b. 12 Jan 1968, Odessa, Ector County, Texas.

Bill Lewis

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Bookwizards 30 Mar 2007 2:22AM GMT 
sbc904 3 Apr 2013 7:44PM GMT 
bill_lewis23 3 Apr 2013 10:45PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions