Search for content in message boards

Mary E. "Emily" (Rabia) and Theodore Wald in Tyler, Smith County, TX

Replies: 2

Mary E. "Emily" (Rabia) and Theodore Wald in Tyler, Smith County, TX

Posted: 6 Jan 2001 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Jun 2001 8:50PM GMT
Surnames: RABIA, RAVIA, MONDIER, MONDEER, MONDERE, WALD, REITZELL
I'm trying to find out more about my great great aunt, Mary Emmaline "Emily" (Rabia) (Mondier) WALD and her husband, Theodore "Theo" WALD. From a 1990 letter written by Odell Myers accompanying Santiago Rabia's papers donated to the Alamo, I have a few clues -- that the Walds had a house on East Bow Street which was damaged by a fire, that "they died in the 1930s" and that they are buried in "the Old Noonday Cemetery just East of Tyler." Another distant cousin remembered that there were headstones for their graves. She recalled that they were known to the family as Aunt Emm and Uncle Theo. Aunt Emm also went by Emily. Mary E and Theodore Wald appear on the 1900 through 1920 census records for Tyler, Smith Co., TX. Aunt Emm had been married before to Peter Mondier (seen spelled Mondere as well as Mondeer). She had a son James Mondier. He appears in a directory listing for Waco, TX in 1886, 1887 as a switchman for "T and street L Railway." Aunt Emm's granddaughter, "Elen R Mondeer," appears on the 1910 census residing in the Wald household, listed as age 14. The 1990 letter to the Alamo refers to the granddaughter as "Reitzel." On the Smith County, TX census records 1900 through 1920, the Walds have neighbors Charles H. and Ellen Reitzell. Aunt Emm was born before 1850 in Nacogdoches County, TX to Santiago RABIA and Nancy Rebecca CARROLL. The 1990 letter to the Alamo states that she may have resided in or near Belcherville, Montague Co., TX when married to Peter Mondere (Mondier). She appears on 1870 census records for Grayson County as Mary E Mondier. On 1880 census records for Grayson County, she is listed as Mary E Mondere. I would also like to know what happened to her son, James Mondier, and granddaughter, Elen R Mondeer/ Mondier/ Mondere.

Any help would be deeply appreciated! Thank you!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
schwarzgood 6 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT 
Sara 12 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT 
jfthoma 11 Aug 2013 9:25PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions