Search for content in message boards

old miller hotel from 1895 and later

Replies: 3

Re: grandparents

Posted: 21 Mar 2013 1:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McCown, McGowan, McCowan, Rhea
Hi M, I know it's been a long time since this post, but I wanted to say hi. I too have been searching for information on Emma McCown (or McGowan, or McCowan) for a very long time, and so far have been unable to find anything on her. Emma was my great-great grandmother (I'm descended from her daughter Rosa). My grandmother, Rosa's daughter, still remembers her Aunt Rita well, and has told me stories about her.

I have enlisted the help of a genealogist friend, who also couldn't find anything at all on Emma. Apparently family lore says her parents were named "Bud" and "Betty," but nothing else could be found on them. My friend's advice is to request Emma and Andrew Henderson Rhea's marriage record from Stephen County; since Emma was only 14 when she married, someone should have had to sign for her, which means at least one parent's name could be on the document. I am going to try that and will let you know if I find anything.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Shirlene51 25 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Shirlene51 3 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT 
michallespurg... 3 Feb 2008 10:10PM GMT 
yellowrose876... 21 Mar 2013 7:56PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions