Search for content in message boards

Mallie (Eggleston) Lott

Replies: 4

Re: Mallie (Eggleston) Lott by Karen Lott

Posted: 20 Nov 2012 10:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Keeton/Keaton/Ray/Sanford/Hord/Walker
Just attaching this to the latest entry, Karen - not at you. It is sad to read all the guff...

**************I JUST WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW******************

Sidney James Eggleston was 1st married to Lucinda Alice Keeton, 1/2 sister of Hattie Irene Keeton. Alice's mother died, then Zachariah, my x2 gr-grandfather married Martha Vance, Hattie's mother and Hattie was their child. There was a vast age difference between the couple and several between the two half sisters as well.

Lucinda Alice died after giving birth to their son. Hattie was a sweet,loving,nurturing, naieve young girl who always had the Lord in her heart, hummed her Hymmns and was unfamiliar with the ways of the world. She tried to help Sidney James Eggleston with her sister's children and ended up marrying him which was not a match made in heaven.She was young,unhappy and missed her family terribly. Sidney James ended up taking Hattie Irene Keeton back to her family with a statement that she did not want to follow his orders. She was carrying his son. That is the story passed down through the generations. Hattie never smoked, drank -not even tea ...ever, or cussed. She was an adorable, statuesque lady, abt 5'10" with hair to her ankles, always smelled fresh and lemony,loved her Hymmns and could wind her hair perfectly without a mirror using wooden and plastic pins to hold it in place.She was wonderful,and found her match in Thomas Young Ray.They created the greatest gift of my life which was my Grandmother, Golden Jeanette Ray.

Now, enough scuff about the two sisters that Sidney married. Have a good heart and clean mind.There are children to consider as was the case in the beginning - who lost their mother, whose 1/2 sister tried to help (too young) when all were grieving and some confused. It was a painful tragedy - not Comedy Central. The facts are in the records. Respectfully, Hattie Irene's Gr-Granddaughter
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Don Eggleston 29 Sep 2002 10:19PM GMT 
NancyHough35 2 Jan 2005 9:19AM GMT 
NancyHough35 2 Jan 2005 10:30AM GMT 
klott55 11 Jun 2008 7:14PM GMT 
SLRSanfordKni... 21 Nov 2012 5:05AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic