Search for content in message boards

Bratcher, Albert Sidney Handley

Replies: 3

Bratcher, Albert Sidney Handley

Posted: 2 Oct 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 2:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bratcher, Buckingham, Bell
I am researching the BRATCHER'S BUCKINGHAM'S and BELL'S.
Albert Sidney Handley Bratcher b. 15 Aug 1897 lived most of his life as a farmer in Arlington/Tate Springs. He died 03 Apr 1981 in Tarrant County. He had, I believe 8 bro and sis. (1) Elmer-killed in his 20's when kicked by a mule, two children, D.W. and Myrtle. (2) Dossie, first husband was Siebert and second was Rice. (3) Margaret, married Will Parker. (4) Uncle Doc Bratcher, married Minnie. (5)Hubert, children, Ralph, Stuart, Jack. Billy(F). (6) Bill, children, Harold and Louise. (7) Jessie, Children, Minor b. 02 Sept 1906 d.21 July 1996-He owned and ran The Bratcher Bar in Handley/Arlington Tx. for many years. Calvin, Ervin, Letha(F). (8) Jessie, married Ivy Dee, a brother of Alberts wife.
Albert Sidney Handley Bratcher married Mattie Bell Buckingham b. 04 Oct 1903. d. 27 Mar 1986. Her parents were Mary Ella Bell and Eugene Buckingham. Mattie was born in Bowling Green KY. They had 3 children. Sidney Eugene, Thomas Grady and Elmer Morris. All I believe born in Tarrant County. Sidney had a dairy in Tate Springs.
Albert's(or A.S. or Pappa as he was known to many) parent we know little about. Believe their names may have been Molly(Mary?) and William but not sure. They came from Kentucky, some settled in Tate Springs area of Tarrant County and some went on and lived in Dallas. Anyone with any information please e-mail me at darlene.poppe@gte.net

After thought: Albert had two middle names. The small area that use to be Handley and Handley drive,there in Tarrant County, where did the name come from? Does anyone know?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
darlenepoppe1 2 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT 
ourgeneration... 6 May 2013 5:29PM GMT 
HL2604 6 May 2013 7:25PM GMT 
lonestar357 7 May 2013 4:34AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic