Search for content in message boards

William Hignight 1867

Replies: 3

William Hignight 1867

Joy Powell (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2004 9:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hignight,Madison,Leverett
William Hignight was on the 1867 Voters List in Tarrant County, Texas.

I am researching George Thomas Hignight/Hignite, who was buried in Grady County, Oklahoma. Before 1907, Grady County, Oklahoma was in Chickasaw Nation

ftp://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/ok/grady/cemeteries/rose...
Rosehill Cemetery - Chickasha, Grady County, Oklahoma

HIGNIGHT, George T., 2 Nov 1862 - 19 Dec 1948 (burial 19 Dec) (Block 36, Lot 171, NW 1/4) [Geo. Thomas Hignight]
HIGNIGHT, George Wesley, 3 Dec 1893 - 26 Apr 1969 (burial 28 Apr) (Block 36, Lot 171, SW 1/4) [Son]
HIGNIGHT, Lula J., 26 Apr 1866 - 23 Apr 1945 (burial 26 Apr) (Block 36, Lot 171, NW 1/4) [Wife]

Information in brackets were added by myself. The burial information came from Grady County, Oklahoma Cemeteries.

George was supposed to have been a U.S. Deputy Sheriff, under U.S. Marshal Chris Madison. This information was given to me by a descendant, and I have not yet verified the accuracy. I am posting to the Tarrant County, Texas message board, because George Hignight married Lula J. and a daughter named Arletta, married Silas Leverett. AND, Silas Leverett's family were living in Montague County, Texas for the 1870 and 1880 Census taking.

It is a stretch I know. But so many people went from the Northern tier of Texas counties, into Chickasaw and Choctaw Nations, Indian Territory, that I am hoping someone will enter a search for Hignight or Leverett, and come onto this message.

Thank you for any information regarding where I might find data about the U.S.Marshals, and if you know anything about the surnames I have mentioned. The Hignight family may have come from Arkansas, that is just something I noticed somewhere, and I can't source that.

Joy
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Joy Powell 6 Aug 2004 3:14AM GMT 
PaSain 7 Aug 2004 8:49PM GMT 
Joy Powell 7 Aug 2004 10:12PM GMT 
JeanettePedde... 26 Jul 2014 2:44PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic