Search for content in message boards

Seeking family of Joseph Hudspeth White (1856-1935)

Replies: 3

Re: Seeking family of Joseph Hudspeth White (1856-1935)

Posted: 27 Sep 2013 4:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Richardson, White
Mary (Richardson) White was from Montgomery County, TN, where I grew up. Two of Mary's younger siblings, Lucy C. Richardson (1861/1934) and Will T. Richardson (1865/1943), lived unmarried in the Richardson family home near Clarksville until their deaths. Somehow, these personal effects ended up in the attic of the First National Bank in Clarksville. I'm not sure how that happened - perhaps one of the bank officers was a court-appointed administrator of the estate after the last sibling died.

My father was a long-time employee at First National Bank (1960s-1990s). When the bank was moving to a new building in the 1980s, my father came across these items in the attic, in a pile destined to be thrown away. He couldn't stand to see that happen, and brought the items home. They stayed in my parents' house until recently, when I took possession of them, determined to identify the people and get the items back to the family. While the photos aren't identified on the back, the portrait studios are identified on the front, which, combined with genealogy research, helped me identify the individuals, or at least I hope so.

Also among the items was a photo album of vacation photos, circa 1910, apparently involving one of the Richardsons going out to Brady, TX for a visit. There were no names in the album, and I only identified Brady because I recognized the courthouse (I used to live in TX and traveled the state photographing courthouses). Some years ago, I donated that album to the Heart of Texas Historical Museum in Brady.

First, I will email you scans of the photos so that you can start looking at them. You can then reply to my email with your postal address and I will send you the originals. I believe that I have young photos of Margaret (White) Barcus and her older brother Richard Joseph, plus letters from their mother Mary (Richardson) White.

Jim Long
Franklin, TN
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
scaevolatn1 27 Sep 2012 2:46AM GMT 
PaSain 29 Sep 2012 12:45AM GMT 
hunter3715 27 Sep 2013 7:51AM GMT 
scaevolatn1 27 Sep 2013 10:47PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions