Search for content in message boards

Carter's in Texas

Replies: 0

Carter's in Texas

Posted: 28 Mar 2013 4:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Carter, Lee
Can you help me with some of my family named Carter the problem starts with my Great Grandfather he was born in 1842 in New Jersey but his name was Isaac Van Houghton the story passed down thru the family was that he was adopted by a doctor, but nobody really knows. He enlisted in the 102nd New York Infantry Volunteers in 1864 in the civil war he was discharged in 1865 and some where in 1870's he came to Humble and Houston, Texas he married my Great Grandma in 1872 in Houston, Texas but when he got to Texas he changed his name to Stephen Robert Carter and that's what he went by. I have been searching for over twenty years and can not find anything about him before the civil war, I have lots of original documents from his service in the civil war there is nothing about his child hood or his parents I know he had one brother named Charley P Carter but my family never had no communication with his family. If you need any other family members names let me know or any information. Thank You Steve Carter Also I seen some Lee's in Texas you are working on I am kin to the Lee's in Texas and a few other states my Grandmother was Dora Alice Lee 1901-1987, her dad was Thomas Nathan Lee 1854-1925.

Find a board about a specific topic