Search for content in message boards

Ned Carson, Phoebe Cook, Van Roy, John Langley, Mary Parr, Millard F. Dill, J.L. Alexander T.E. Allen - Titus County

Replies: 12

Ned Carson, Phoebe Cook, Van Roy, John Langley, Mary Parr, Millard F. Dill, J.L. Alexander T.E. Allen - Titus County

Posted: 26 Sep 2013 4:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Carson, Stewart, Cook, Roy, Parr, Langley, Dill, Alexander, Allen, Edwards,
Hello, I'm looking for more info on the ancestors, siblings and husbands of M.L.Carson *Margaret L Carson".

She was born Apr 30 1858 in Tennessee and died Oct 12 1921 in Mt. Pleasant, Titus, Texas.
I believe she came to Titus county around 1860 with her parents.

I found her? living with Phoeby Cook and sisters? in the 1870 census.

It is my belief that Margaret L. Carson was the daughter of Wilson E. Carson "Ned" and Phoebe (Pheby) Stewart. Phoebe possibly remarried a Cook?

Margaret L Carson married Van Roy on Mar 17 1874 in Titus County

Van Roy born Dec 26 1844 in Missouri. and died Jan 21 1881 in Titus County. I would love to find out more about him other than the 1880 census and Titus Co land abstract.

Margaret and Van had the following children: Lee, Sallie and Amaranth. (Sallie and Amaranth didn't survive to adulthood) Lee Roy is my gg-gpa Susie Mann his wife is my gg-gma. His journal provided a lot of the birth/death and marriage dates.

After Van Roy died -

Margaret may have married a Mr. Parr - I would love to find this out.
Margaret then married a John Langley.

Mary, Margaret's daughter or stepdaughter was born in 1882. Mary is either the daughter of Mr Parr or John Langley. John, Margaret and Mary were found in the 1900 Titus Co census.
It is unknown if Mr Parr and John Langley had other wives and children. I would love to find out this info as well as any info on Mary Parr or Langley and her descendants.

It is my belief that Mary Parr or Langley married J. L. Alexander.
I've found that J. L. Alexander married several times. I 've found a later marriage between him and my gg-gma Susie Roy - Mary's sister in law! I would like to find out more about him as well. Susie supposedly died in Duncan Oklahoma and my gma swears she is buried in Mt.Pleasant - I've never found her on any cemetery list.

I found a late marriage between Margaret L. Carson/ Roy / Langley who married M.F. Dill who I believe is Millard F. Dill. I would like to find out more about him also.

possible siblings of Margaret L. Carson are:
John Hannibal Carson
Mrs T E Allen - a death cert for possible sister Mrs TE Allen lists parents as Ned Carson and Phoebe Stewart. would love find out her name and what T E's name is.
sister Nancy A Edwards
and sisters: Alice A, Martha G, Elizabeth E, Sallie E - I would love to be able to find out their names, husbands, and descendants!

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
zachalbr 26 Sep 2013 10:23AM GMT 
HL2604 26 Sep 2013 2:34PM GMT 
HL2604 26 Sep 2013 2:58PM GMT 
HL2604 27 Sep 2013 4:59AM GMT 
zachalbr 27 Sep 2013 4:10AM GMT 
HL2604 26 Sep 2013 4:28PM GMT 
zachalbr 27 Sep 2013 5:07AM GMT 
HL2604 28 Sep 2013 4:24AM GMT 
zachalbr 29 Sep 2013 11:26AM GMT 
HL2604 29 Sep 2013 11:43AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions