Search for content in message boards

bio of Milton McQueen of Tyler Co Texas

Replies: 3

Re: bio of Milton McQueen of Tyler Co Texas

Posted: 11 Mar 2014 7:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Peggy,

The only reference I have was an article by Ethel Cruse Walker titled "Squire Cruse of Tyler County, Texas," in Records of East Texas (an old periodical that is no longer being printed) Volume 5, No. 3, April 1971, pg 843. I still have a copy in my records if you would like me to copy and snail mail to you. It goes into greater detail about the drowning on the Mississippi River of his five children on the way to Texas. I think it was pretty common knowledge among this family that settled in East Texas that Barclays, Cruse, McQueens, and Taylors were kin. Squire and Piety were from Hoover's Gap, TN (a man was writing a book several years ago on the Pruitts) and the Barclays were from there as well. If you are looking for "concrete" proof you might try looking at the lawsuit of Elijah against his brother John's children in Madison County Kentucky in the 1820s. They got into an argument over land that David Crews had promised John, but he then died in the War of 1812, and the land was supposed to go to Elijah but John's heirs were refusing to give him title. That was what I was told. It might mention Elijah's heirs. However, Squire was on his own by then, so maybe not.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Dona Porter 14 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT 
athenian_1 24 Jul 2006 6:31PM GMT 
PeggieMoseley 13 Nov 2012 3:25PM GMT 
Donna Porter 11 Mar 2014 1:14PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic