Search for content in message boards

Who was "Dr. Thompson

Replies: 0

Who was "Dr. Thompson

Posted: 20 Mar 2014 11:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Clark, Kindla, Thompson
I don't know about this - I am responding to a 9 year old inquiry? And... apparently no one else has. Well - Me To. I would like to know as much as I can about "Dr. Thompson" of Bandera. Regarding the three men attacked on the road between Bandera and San Antonio in 1856. The survivor, "Amasa Clark" was my GGF. He wrote that "Mrs. Thompson" abt. a year after her husbands death came back to the area for a visit. She had a young lady along with her for the trip. Evidently Mrs. Thompson moved to Llano, Tx. after her husbands murder. My GGF fell in love with the young lady (my GGM) with Mrs. Thompson. Clark road to Llano with an extra horse and asked Solomon Wright for his daughter's, "Eliza Jane Wright", hand in marriage. Solomon Wright approved of the marriage. They were married in Fredericksburg in July 1859. I am currently researching the stories about the culprits who attacked, Dr. Thompson, John Kindla, and Amasa Clark about six miles west of San Antonio on the trail to Bandera in 1856. Those two bandits were "Bill Hart" and "Bob Augustine". But that is another story.

Find a board about a specific topic