Search for content in message boards

Christian Vasterling

Replies: 0

Christian Vasterling

Posted: 15 Feb 2012 11:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Vasterling, Pommarin, Prennerina
I'm looking for the above ancestor who may have been living in the Victoria, Texas area between 1846 and about 1860.
This Christian, born 1842 in Berel, Braunschweig, Niedersachsen Germany immigrated to the US with his parents, Johann Heinrich and Christine Dinia (Pommarin or Prennerina) Vasterling arriving Galveston, December 1845. This much is documented.
For some reason, he is not listed with his family on the 1850 census for Castell, Llano(or Gillespie), Texas, yet some 40 years later, his sister is looking for him with publications in at least one of the San Antonio newspapers. They seem to state he was living in the Victoria area and heard that he may have died 1859-60. I cannot imagine how this child became separated from his family, being 8 years old at the time of the 1850 census unless due to illness he was left with family or friends somewhere along the route from Indianola to Castell. This is a big mystery in our family.
The family he was left with, if indeed that is the case, may have "adopted" him and possibly taken on their name.
I'd like to hear from anyone who might have a clue or a trail to follow.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions