Search for content in message boards

Margaret Ralston Reading

Replies: 12

Re: Margaret Ralston Reading

Posted: 19 Jul 2008 9:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
I would love to add your Family Tree Maker to mine. I am delighted to know what the middle initials stand for. I have a simple silver bracelet of Aunt Marie's with MMR on it. My sister is named Marie for our Aunt Marie- she was actually my great Aunt. Margaret Ralston Reading was her sister in law- also married to a doc in Galveston and lived close to each other.
We visited Stone Cottage too when I was a young child. Do you have photos of their home and the little chapel there. We do not and would like to have. I understand that the land is part of a boarding school now. Does the Stone Cottage still stand? Do you remember the big cuckoo clock?
Do you know about Marie's young married life in Galveston with her dashing doc husband, JC Ralston jr. The details of which were printed in the Houston Chronicle in 1920 He was tragically crushed when an elevator door closed on him. The elevator company paid a settlement which Marie had given to Trinity Episcopal Church Houston to make a tower on the church in his name- we just went and saw his name engraved on the arch His death is why /when elevator doors had safety features .
Aunt Marie was a beautiful young woman we have some fun photos of them clowning around. Are you interested? I am certainly interested in photos you might have Becky
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Rebecca White 7 Mar 2008 8:50PM GMT 
msphdrnba 18 Jul 2008 8:33PM GMT 
Rebecca White 19 Jul 2008 5:22AM GMT 
msphdrnba 19 Jul 2008 12:05PM GMT 
Rebecca White 19 Jul 2008 3:39PM GMT 
msphdrnba 19 Jul 2008 4:40PM GMT 
Rebecca White 19 Jul 2008 5:02PM GMT 
msphdrnba 21 Aug 2008 9:10PM GMT 
jceudy 23 Dec 2011 7:24PM GMT 
Rebecca White 31 Mar 2014 4:07PM GMT 
per page