A court record of shootings in 1888 in Hempstead, Waller county, TX describe the location as bounded on the North by Austin street, on the South by Bremond street and on the East by Main street.
In today's Hempstead, Austin, Bremond and Main streets are located next to each other and all travel east-west.
According to those court documents, the street referred to as Main back in 1888 went to the north or the north-east.
Locations bounded by those streets were:
- Haveman's building -- on what was known as Haveman's block
- Zeismer's saloon
- Wheeler's saloon
Does anyone know what was designated as Main street in the 1888 time frame?