Search for content in message boards

Early TX life of Fritz Bremer and Family, Washington Co, Tx, 1886-1900

Replies: 1

Early TX life of Fritz Bremer and Family, Washington Co, Tx, 1886-1900

Posted: 18 Jul 2013 12:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bremer
I am researching my Great-Grandfather Fritz Bremer, b. November 14, 1861, Vilsen, Hanover, Germany and married Anne Marie Doepke, b. February 8, 1864 in Heithuesen, Hannover, Germany in Germany (exact marriage location unknown). Fritz or Friedrich and Anna had a son Johann Heinrich Friedrich Bremer, b. March 8, 1885 in Heithuesen, Hannover, Germany. The three immigrated to the USA, departing the port of Bremen, Germany in May of 1886 on the ship Rhein and arriving in New York, NY on 19 May 1886. Soon after that date Fritz, Anna and Johann or Henry John as he would be latter known arrived in what currently in known as Washington County, TX. Fritz Bremer was known to be in Washington County on August 2, 1887, where Fritz renounced his allegiance to the Emperor of Germany and stated his intention to be a US citizen. On March 31, 1887, Minnie Marie Dorothea Bremer was born in Texas, the first of seven (7) children to be born in the USA. It is this early period that I am most interested in, seeing as I have been unable to locate any photographs, documentation of Fritz, Anna and Family in early Washington County, Texas. I have plenty of documentation from the 1900 US Census on to current date, but nothing of the earlier period. I am asking for any assistance concerning this matter and such would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Rita Bremer-Burrell
Conway, AR
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sgmcharlieb 18 Jul 2013 6:03PM GMT 
judyartley53 19 Aug 2013 1:48AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions