Search for content in message boards

Wippernitz

Replies: 1

Re: Wippernitz

Posted: 15 Nov 2013 9:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Nov 2013 9:42PM GMT
I know this is an old thread but, I just recently began doing research on this myself as my name is Derek Block and the individuals you mention are my great, great, great grandparents.

One quick correction: it's not George Wippernitz; it's Georg Friedrich Block who was married to Auguste Charlotte Wippernitz. However, my research...preliminary though it may be...is suggesting that Georg Friedrich Block was first married to another Wippernitz (Justina Sophia Wippernitz, who died. Was this Augusta's sister? In any case, I can verify only one child from that union and it is Emilie Block and she disappears from the records that I've been searching, after their arrival. I'm guessing she was married and changed last names and thus we lost her. I'm not seeing a death certificate for her either...though I just started researching).

They migrated from Germany (Prussia/Pommerania) on the ship Bark Constitution which sailed from Bremen sometime in 1846. They arrived at the port of New Orleans and settled very briefly in a part of Lousiana.

They ended up moving to Orange, Orange, Texas, United States and eventually, some of the family migrated to Port Neches, Jefferson, Texas, United States. From there, a larger dispersal occurred to the various parts of neighboringTexas counties (Port Neches, Neederland, Groves, Orange, Vidor).

From there, some Blocks now live in Dallas, Houston, Kansas, Florida, Arizona in addition to the "Golden Triangle" area of Texas/Lousiana border.

I hope this helped anyone who is also looking for this information.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Betty Jo Smith 21 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT 
DerekBlock6 16 Nov 2013 4:32AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions