Search for content in message boards

Healy family

Replies: 2

Re: Healy family

Posted: 5 Feb 2014 11:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear Abby,
First, many thanks for taking the time to answer my posting. Second, I was well acquainted with
Mary Louise (Healy) Butcher of Houston, Texas whom I visited in Houston in October, 2002. I met her at her home in Houston and we exchanged a lot of Healy family information including photographs. Also, about a week later, Mary Louise and I met again in Houston and met with Dr. Margaret McNeese and her brother, Dwyer McNeese at the Forest Club in Houston to talk about Healy family history. (Margaret and Dwyer McNeese are direct descendants of Thomas Dwyer and Bridget Theresa (Healy) Dwyer of Brenham, Texas). Michael A. Healy and Bridget T. Healy are siblings. My great grandmother, Elizabeth (Healy) Crosson of Marfa, Texas is another sibling.
Hence, our mutual interest. I was able to find out a lot more about my Healy family through these meetings. Several years later, Mary Louise Butcher and a daughter came to Oregon and visited me at my home here in Salem, Oregon. Mary Louise had come to Oregon as her grandson, Mike Sica, was graduating from U. of Oregon in Eugene. He was also the Captain of the UO golf team. Mary Louise brought me a gift in the form of a small bronze horned toad about 4 inches long. I still treasure this gift and really appreciated the thought behind the gift. Mary Louise, her daughter (who lives in California) and I had a nice visit of about 2 hours before they had to leave. Unfortunately, Mary Louise passed away from cancer about a year later. I have maintained contact with Margaret McNeese over the years and we have increased our knowledge about the Healy family via these contacts. You can contact me off-line as follows:
Richard B. (Dick) Daniel
2758 Upper Breckenridge Loop NW
Salem, OR 97304
Phone: 503-371-9759
E-Mail: rbd00001@comcast.net
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
RichardDaniel... 24 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Abby Butcher 5 Feb 2014 12:51AM GMT 
rbd00001 5 Feb 2014 6:40PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions