Search for content in message boards

A.T. Kerr/Carr, son of Hugh and Lucy

Replies: 5

A.T. Kerr/Carr, son of Hugh and Lucy

Posted: 6 Dec 2001 10:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Oct 2005 8:05PM GMT
Surnames: Kerr/Carr, Thomson, Moore
Augustus Thomson Kerr, spelled Carr in the 1850 Washington census, was the 5th born of Lucy Fontaine Thomson and Hugh P. Kerr, born 1812 in Georgia. He married P. Antionette Moore, whom I believe to have been born 1811 in GA. Children of AT and Antionette are uncertain, although the following are confirmed: Monroe Pierce, b AL 1836; Thomson P., Augustus Hallowell, John, Luke, M. Anne. There are supposedly 11 children, but this is all I have confirmed. Also found other records regarding J.T., J.H., M.M. and M. P., but can not confirm.
I have very little information about A.T. and P. Antionette, or about any children other than Monroe (my gggrandfather) who served several terms as a councilman and mayor of Brenham before moving to LaSalle County and then to Mexico. I have descendents of Augustus Hallowell and the wife of Thomson P. I know that Monroe said he served the CSA along with three of his brothers, and that includes AH and TP, all of whom were in the 5th Mounted (Sibley's).
If you have information on A. T. Kerr, his spouse or children, or any of his siblings, or have any idea where I might look, please let me know. I don't know when or where AT and PA died, or where they are buried, where they were married or when, and I know nothing about her family. Big gap in the family tree. Any and all help appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Pitaya 7 Dec 2001 5:07AM GMT 
Craig Morin 23 Mar 2002 8:48PM GMT 
Craig Morin 23 Mar 2002 8:59PM GMT 
barryamaners 29 Oct 2012 2:54AM GMT 
Pitaya 30 Oct 2012 2:38AM GMT 
barryamaners 23 Dec 2012 4:56AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions