Search for content in message boards

slaughter/gilbert

Replies: 3

slaughter/gilbert

Vivian Bailey (View posts)
Posted: 19 May 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: slaughter, gilbert
I am trying to find information on Sarah (Moon) Gilbert, one of the original 300 who came to Texas with Austin in 1825. She received a league of land in Colorado County (which was later divided to include Wharton County). Her daughter, Nancy was married to Thomas Slaughter who received a land grand under Austin's second contract. His league was also in Colorado County (also became part of Wharton County). Another of Sarah's daughters married a Rabb. Her son was Preston Gilbert. Sarah was the widow of Captain Michael Gilbert from Georgia; her father's name was Jacob. I am trying to find information on Thomas Slaughter and where he came from. It would only make sense he was from Georgia but anyone who has done any research on the Slaughters knows how prolific they were and with no middle name it becomes impossible to differentiate. Thomas died ca 1835. He was suppose to have been good friends with Sam Houston and he was also suppose to have made some trips with Lewis & Clark. If anyone can assist in any of these matters it would be greatly appreciated. I have lots of info after they came to Texas, but limited prior to that time. I would love to share my information with anyone who is interested. I am a member of the DAR, Daughters of the Republic of Texas and United Daughters of the Confederacy and would not hesitate to assist anyone interested in this line.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Vivian Bailey 19 May 2000 12:00PM GMT 
carlaratcliff 2 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT 
Ted Myers 8 Nov 2002 4:29AM GMT 
wheeler5585 1 Jun 2012 2:14AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions