Search for content in message boards

Brittain - Nicholson - Perkins - Lane - Taylor

Replies: 0

Brittain - Nicholson - Perkins - Lane - Taylor

Posted: 7 Aug 2012 9:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brittain, Nicholson, Perkins, Lane
My branch of the Brittains were previously from Indiana, Iowa & Missouri. Mary Jane Brittain (1835-1912) married John Brown Nicholson & moved to Wise County, Texas by 1880. Her niece, Elizabeth Brittain moved to Wise County Texas probably around 1893.

I know there were Brittains already in Wise County at that time, and I suspect they came here because of them, but I don't know what their connection was. Does anyone have any information about the Brittains in Wise County prior to 1880?

From what I can tell "Lizzie" Brittain married Isaac Perkins in 1899 in Wise County, Texas, and later married W. H. Lane. Elizabeth had a daughter Minnie (Brittain) Perkins who married Olin Taylor and had Isaac & Esterbee(?).

If there's anyone who has any information of any of these family members, or their descendants I would like to talk to you. My family has had a knowledge of a Bridgeport, TX connection, but they didn't know what the connection was. I would love to find out more about the Texas Brittain connection for my dad.

Thank you for any help you can give,
Dawn

Find a board about a specific topic