Search for content in message boards

Obituary for Lucinda and JH Smith

Replies: 3

Re: Obituary for Lucinda and JH Smith

Posted: 27 Feb 2012 10:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Feb 2012 10:08AM GMT
Surnames: Smith/Bower
James H Smith and Lucinda Couch are my g-grandmother's father and mother. My g-grandmother's name was Sidney Angeline Smith. Sidney was married to Sam Wilkerson who died young. She remarried William T Moss. They had four children. One of them was my grandmother. You can reach me at gfbower@earthlink.net

From Young County History:•
James Henry Smith was born in Fort Smith, Arkansas November 13, 1824. Lucinda Ann Couch was born in Little Rock, Arkansas August 10, 1833. They moved to Whitesboro, Cooke County, near Gainsville, Texas and lived for several years. In 1878 they moved with their children to Graham, Texas arriving March 2 and settled near where the old Air Port was located. A convoy of ten wagons were in the group. Some people rode horses driving the cattle and others walked driving the hogs. Lucinda died January 29 1884. After her death, James remarried, but no details are known about the last marriage. James Henry died May 28, 1900. Both are buried in the Oak Grove Cemetery in Graham. Seven children were born to James and Lucinda Smith.
Good luck,
Glynn Bower
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Qrtmoon 3 Jul 2001 7:43PM GMT 
YoungCounty 9 Jul 2001 6:51AM GMT 
malloryljones 4 Dec 2011 4:59PM GMT 
GFBower 27 Feb 2012 5:06PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions