Search for content in message boards

Cora SHILDERN

Replies: 2

Cora SHILDERN

Posted: 6 Jan 2013 10:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am attempting to find information on a lady by the name of Cora SHILDERN. I know absolutely nothing about her, other than she was definitely alive in 1933 and 1934, and could have possibly been living in Hamilton or Mills County, TX.

I have an old family album quilt that was made in 1933 and 34. It was pieced and quilted at my grandmother's home in Star, Mills, TX Every lady who's name appears on the quilt was a close relative, either through my ROE, TEAGUE, or STOCKTON families, and all of the ladies are known to us as gr-aunts or cousins. All of them traveled from Mills, Hamilton, Cass, Bell and McLennan counties to work on the quilt.

This one name, however, has us all puzzled. Her birth year - I have absolutely no idea at all, but going by the general ages of the rest of the women who worked on the quilt, she may have been born sometime between 1880 and 1900. We have never heard of the last name of SHILDERN associated with any of our family lines and we cannot locate this lady in the 1930 or 1940 census for these two counties. A broad search using only Texas as location has also turned up nothing.

It is slightly possible she may have traveled from Oklahoma, since there were many relatives there at that time period. also.

If anyone recognizes this name, or possibly has a clue, I sure could use the help! Thank you - patty719@msn.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
STRQM 7 Jan 2013 5:16AM GMT 
nanablue2007 27 Jan 2013 4:45PM GMT 
STRQM 28 Jan 2013 1:16AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic