Search for content in message boards

Jane Patten and her brother Asenath Patten

Replies: 9

Jane Patten and her brother Asenath Patten

Posted: 24 Mar 2006 4:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: PATTEN
Hello from England!

I have just discovered two of my ancestors died in Utah in the early 1900's. I will give all the details I have here, and will then tell you what I would like to find out from you all! I have read through the Utah boards and you all seem pretty helpful!

OK:

JANE PATTEN
b. 30.3.1834, Chisleborough, Somerset, UK
d. 14.1.1915 Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
buried 6.1.1915 (?) Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
I know that this is the Box Elder board, but there isn't one for Pleasant Grove, and her brother lived in Box Edler. Obviously, Jane may have married either before or after her arrival in the US, but I don't have that information (yet!). By the way, I know she seems to have been buried before she died, but unless that is some strange US tradition I don't know about, I am assuming it is a typing error somewhere along the line!

ASENATH PATTEN
b. 19.7.1839 West Jenwich, Somerset, UK
d. 30.1.1920 Collinson, Box Elder, Utah USA
buried Deweyville, Box Elder, Utah USA

What would be great to know is where they lived, what they did, if they had a family, and what was life like then. Was there a reason they went to Utah? Their family were agricultural labourers and flax / cotton workers mostly. I am working on finding out if there was a famine or something here, which prompted them to leave. What would be lovely would be to find their graves, which would give more information, or if you have census information like we do, every ten years. I will try and find out when they left and will update you.

If you could help with any of my wish list above that would be great, of if you could point me in another direction, suggest somewhere I could find out a bit of local history, or to another website, I would be very grateful, and happy to help with research over here for any of you over there!

Andrea
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Andrea_Ruddic... 24 Mar 2006 11:19AM GMT 
Melba 24 Mar 2006 11:23PM GMT 
Andrea_Ruddic... 24 Mar 2006 11:39PM GMT 
Melba 25 Mar 2006 12:23AM GMT 
Melba 25 Mar 2006 12:45AM GMT 
BerylRenton 25 Mar 2006 2:21AM GMT 
kaylyn114 1 Mar 2008 2:29AM GMT 
Andrea_Ruddic... 26 Mar 2006 9:36PM GMT 
Melba 27 Mar 2006 4:37AM GMT 
Andrea_Ruddic... 28 Mar 2006 9:42PM GMT