Search for content in message boards

Sylvanus Collett ... Marion Collett

Replies: 13

Re: Sylvanus Collett ... Marion Collett

Posted: 2 Oct 2012 7:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Oct 2012 7:51PM GMT
Hi,

Thank you very much for the information! Sorry for not giving the information about dates and places of birth before. As far as we can tell, Sylvanus and Phoebe Lodema Merrill were his parents. Phoebe later married a man with the surname Thompson, and we have a photo of one of my great grandmother's sisters and her husband in front of "Grandma Thompson's old house.)

Marion married Laura Horn (born about 1869 in Cache Co., Utah) in 1888. She was the daughter of Thomas and Sarah Horn, both born in Alabama to parents from South Carolina.

The main reason we're doing all this research is to figure out the exact ethnic heritage of Marion, Laura and their family who, despite the WASPy pedigree evident from Census records, didn't look like WASPs at all, with dark complexions and strongly Mediterranean features (see photos below - one shows Marion and Laura together; another shows my great grandmother/mom's grandmother Myrtle; another shows Myrtle's older brother, Leslie, in profile so you can see the shape of his nose). There features were strong enough that people used to think my mom was Greek or Italian instead of Irish Catholic.
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
RBestrom7380 2 Oct 2012 9:29PM GMT 
colleenmurray... 3 Oct 2012 1:44AM GMT 
RBestrom7380 3 Oct 2012 1:55AM GMT 
colleenmurray... 3 Oct 2012 4:39AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions