Search for content in message boards

Marion Collett of Cache Co.

Replies: 4

Re: Marion Collett of Cache Co.

Posted: 8 Oct 2013 6:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Tell me if I have the correct Sylvanus Collette. I have several books on Utah County genealogy, specifically the city of Lehi. The Sylvanus Collette in found in one of my books was married to Lydia Karren. Let me know if any of this is familiar and I can scan the biography of Sylvanus and email it you.
Sylvanus (Syl) Collette settled in Lehi, Utah County, Utah, at the age of 21 yrs.
He was the eldest son of Daniel Collett (Colett) and Esther Jones a native of Wales.
Daniel was an Englishman of Norman Ancestry.

Sylvanus Collette died April 10, 1901, Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah

While living in Lehi Sylvanus married Lydia Karren, daughter of Thomas Karren. They had a son, Sylvanus jr. who drowned in the river creek near Lehi.

Death certificate attached for a Mary Merrill Collette, daughter of Phoebe Lodema Collette.
Says she was born 4/21/1870, Cache county, Utah, Father and Mother both born in N.Y.

Your records indicate that she was born at sea and would like to find out what ship the Collettes were on at the time. I'll see what I can find and let you know.

2nd attachment is for Phoebe Lodema Collette Thompson (another query on ancestry)

Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
colleenmurray... 8 Oct 2013 8:15PM GMT 
diskoverit 9 Oct 2013 12:51AM GMT 
colleenmurray... 9 Oct 2013 1:10AM GMT 
diskoverit 9 Oct 2013 1:43AM GMT 
colleenmurray... 9 Oct 2013 5:34PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic