Search for content in message boards

Clift History

Replies: 6

Re: Clift History

Posted: 15 Aug 2013 8:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello.. I was very interested in your post about THe Clift House. My great grandmother, Ruth Emma Clift was Dan Clift's sister. I understood that Dan was owner of this establishment. The last time I was in Salt Lake there was still a door onto the street that said 'Clift House'. Would you happen to have any pictures of the saloon or anyone or maybe a story or two about the place, that you would like to share? I know that Dan and his wife Virtue had no children of their own. When Dan passed away, he left his estate to his nephews, my grandfather being one. My grandfather invested his money in a movie theater. When talking films came in my grandfather invested in what was supposed to be the best talking equipment made. It was ok but not great. My grandfather sold the theater and moved his famiy to Alhambra, CA where he had 2 sons living. I was raised in Alhambra, married a man from Baldwin Park and we lived in La Puente and West Covina. Seven years ago I moved to Boise, Idaho where I now live.
Dottie
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
@@WDottieW@ao... 13 Apr 2005 5:17AM GMT 
shatzelbrando... 26 Dec 2007 4:46AM GMT 
Mandigirl4 26 Dec 2007 5:23AM GMT 
diskoverit 15 Aug 2013 3:02AM GMT 
Mandigirl4 15 Aug 2013 2:24PM GMT 
diskoverit 15 Aug 2013 5:05PM GMT 
Mandigirl4 15 Aug 2013 6:13PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions