Sorensen, Gregersen, Madsen, Larsen in Sevier Co., Utah

Replies: 5

Re: Johnson, Larsen, Sorensen, Laustsen, Neilsen

Debbie Dangerfield (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 2003 12:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Dec 2003 9:15AM GMT
Surnames: Johnson, Larsen, Sorensen, Laustsen, Neilsen
I am the great-great granddaughter of Mary Christine Johnson, daughter of Johan Larson and Johannah Kirstine Laustsen of Aalborg, Denmark. Johan, born in 1803, was the son of Lars Johansen and Anne Sorensen, and Johannah Christine was the daughter of Lars Jensen and Ane Cathrine Nielsen. Mary Christine was one of five children. Her sisters were Anna Catherine Cecelia and Anna Kjirstine, and her brothers were Elias and Christian. The children were orphaned in Kansas but, none-the-less, came to Utah with the first wagon trains. During this journey (Mary came with the Willie party), Mary (at the age of six) lost her legs to frost bite and was welcomed into the home of Brigham Young. He later helped her purchase a sewing machine which enabled her to earn a living. She then met and married a young Englishman named Elijah Parsons, they settled in Sevier County, and they had three daughters and four sons together. She passed away in 1910. I have biographies of most of the siblings if you share a common link with me.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
CarolMacKay99 26 Oct 2003 9:10PM GMT 
Debbie Dangerfield 27 Oct 2003 7:59AM GMT 
terryhunt2665 26 Apr 2012 10:29PM GMT 
Tresa Brown 30 Dec 2003 3:16AM GMT 
CarolMacKay99 30 Dec 2003 4:47PM GMT 
Brownswa 28 Jan 2010 9:29AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions