Search for content in message boards

Clifford Witherell b. 1920 Illinois; buried Maesar Cemetery, Vernal, Utah

Replies: 3

Clifford Witherell b. 1920 Illinois; buried Maesar Cemetery, Vernal, Utah

Posted: 7 Jun 2009 8:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Witherell
I am searching for information related to Clifford Witherell b. 1920 in Illinois but who appears to be buried in the Maesar Cemetery in Vernal, Utah.

His parents were George Gideon Witherell and Pearl Matilda Blake...however, it appears that Pearl married a second time to Lavern Rhodes around 1928 in Illinois. I cannot locate any records for George Witherell after the 1920 census. Records on ancestry.com (the family trees) show that he died in 1956 in Illinois...but I cannot find any proof of that information.

I do know that their one daughter, Minnie Mabel Witherell, came to Utah and married into the Hardinger family (this is my connection to the family)...but until today I did not know that there were 2 other children - a daughter, Ilene (I don't know if that is the correct spelling), and a son, Clifford. Clifford apparently came to Utah at some time and is buried in the Maeser Cemetery according to the Utah State Burials Database.

One of the problems I am having with Clifford's information is regarding his death date - the Social Security Death Index shows that he died in Jul 1982; the Utah State Burials Database shows that he died in New Jersey on September 1, 1984 and was buried in the Maeser Cemetery on September 5, 1984. I tried to search the Uintah County newspapers (online), however, they do not appear online for the dates in 1982 OR 1984 that I needed to search.

The www.familysearch.org website shows that Clifford died on 31 Jul 1982, which matches the information of the SSDI, however, this record does not say WHERE he died...so I am quite perplexed by the whole issue!! I have made it a goal to try to never put information into my records that I could not confirm (or at least try to)...and since there are so many different dates here, I just don't know which to believe.

If there is anyone in the Vernal area who might be able to help me, I would greatly appreciate it. It gets harder to verify information the more current it gets, but I would like to try to get this figured out!!

Thank you very much for any help!!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
shaslam100 8 Jun 2009 2:56AM GMT 
diskoverit 12 Mar 2010 3:36AM GMT 
shaslam100 12 Mar 2010 8:34PM GMT 
brendaotto1 21 Feb 2011 9:50PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic