Search for content in message boards

Need help finding possible biological father

Replies: 2

Re: Need help finding possible biological father

Posted: 2 Apr 2013 1:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
First, information concerning Adoption is confidential under Utah State Laws. The birth parents, or the State might take legal action for releasing this information. You also may harm the reputation of ANY person having this name and having been in the USAF during that time period. Thus you may open yourself up to libel issues, privacy issues. I would recommend you use the delete button on this posting and repost indicating searching for birth father of a male born 11/21/1982 in Ogden, UT. The father may have been from Buffalo, New York and was in the Air Force. Do NOT identify the names. I would also suggest you copy my posting quickly as the Rootsweb monitor may delete your message.

This birth mother may or may not have been providing the truth for one reason or another.

The birth father might not be interested in a reconnection. He might not know about the child. He might not want his current family to know. As a retired law enforcement officer, I must give a warning. In reconnections, neither party knows what the other party is like. Birth parents might find their child with severe medical problems, alcohol or drug addition, mental instability. The adoptee might find that true of the birth family. The adoptee might learn things about their family they really can't handle. The child was given up for many reasons, mother's age, financial reasons, health reasons, etc.

You need to use an intermediary.
This site indicates Utah will provide access to identifying information if BOTH the adult person and birth parents have requested.
http://www.gsadoptionregistry.com/utah/utahadoptionlaws.html
Here is a registration form, HOWEVER, contact the agency prior to sending in the event the form or procedure has changed:
http://health.utah.gov/vitalrecords/pictures/forms/adopt.pdf

If your husband is still in the Ogden area, I'd suggest contact with a legal representative, attorney, etc.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dnysgrl 28 Mar 2013 11:57PM GMT 
judyartley53 2 Apr 2013 3:29AM GMT 
RBestrom7380 2 Apr 2013 7:12PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic