Search for content in message boards

Anna Burke b. abt 1808, Sandgate, dau. of Richard and Lucy

Replies: 0

Anna Burke b. abt 1808, Sandgate, dau. of Richard and Lucy

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 1:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BURKE, NELSON,GALLUP
I am in beginning stages of research on Anna (Burke) Nelson Gallup. I found an Adams, MA marriage record of Millen Gallup, age 69, and Anna (Burke) Nelson, age 60, born Sandgate, VT, daughter of Richard and Lucy, married by Washington Gladden, pastor of First Congregational Church, North Adams. 1800 and 1810 US Census in Sandgate both have households headed by Richard Burke. What records might be available on this Burke family, and where would I find them?

I am specifically seeking birth or baptismal record of Anna, and possibly marriage record for 1st marriage to Joseph Nelson.

Also looking fo death and/or burial records for Richard and Lucy. Are there land and probate record indices?

I think this Anna Burke Nelson Gallup, may have been the mother of Cornelia A. Nelson, born 1834-1835, and possibly Sarah, Olive, Eliza, Henry, James, and Albert. Some children were born in VT, (possibly Bennington), and some may have been born in Williamstown, MA.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions