Search for content in message boards

Julia (MOORE) TOWN and HAZELTON Family - Dorset/Rupert

Replies: 0

Julia (MOORE) TOWN and HAZELTON Family - Dorset/Rupert

Posted: 18 May 2013 8:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Moore, Town, Hazelton
Fellow researchers,

I am a fourth-great-granddaughter of Julia Ann MOORE, b. August 30, 1832 in West Dorset and d. November 28, 1919 in Rupert. Julia was the daughter of Harry MOORE and an unknown mother.

When she was four months old, she was sent to live with the family of Solomon HAZELTON in town. (This is explained in a widow's pension affidavit from Solomon's son Ralza.) She lived with the family up until her marriage to William TOWN of Manchester on June 6, 1849. They had at least seven, and possibly nine, children.

Julia died in Rupert on November 28, 1919 and is buried in the "New Cemetery" there.

I am trying to find any and all information on Julia, especially any information explaining why she was sent to live with the HAZELTONs and what her relationship with them was like. I'd also really like to know what happened with her father and unknown mother.

Getting up to Dorset/Rupert is hard for me, so is there any small chance someone researching in either town might be willing to do a quick look-up for me in the records? I have Julia's Rupert death index card, but that's it -- noting about her birth or either of her parents.

Thank you so much!

Sincerely,
Ashley

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions